1 Day Upper Tiger Leaping Gorge Tour from Lijiang
Tiger Leaping Gorge is spectacular and crown as the deepest gorge in the world. Foreign backpackers started hiking in the area in the 1980s and now Tiger Leaping Gorge Hiking Tour has...
Code of Tour: TLG0000007827
Length of Travel: 1 Day
Destinations of Tour: Tiger Leaping Gorge
Departure City: Tiger Leaping Gorge
Price of Tour: Request
Type of Tour: Private
Features of Tour:
Tiger Leaping Gorge is spectacular and crown as the deepest gorge in the world. Foreign backpackers started hiking in the area in the 1980s and now Tiger Leaping Gorge Hiking Tour has been one of the most famous hiking tour all around the world. From the top of Tiger Leaping Gorge, you can look down the steeply angled (70-90 degrees) mountain sides to the rushing Jinsha River with its 18 frothing rapids more than 200 meters below. Hiking in and around Tiger Leaping Gorge in Yunnan Province is a feast for the eyes, a test for stamina and a photographer’s dream. A truly rewarding hike through countryside and mountains, almost untouched by humans.
- Appreciate the spectacular natural landscape around the Tiger Leaping Gorge.
- Have an adventure tour among the fantastic river and valley.
Day 1 Lijiang- Shigu – Tiger Leaping Gorge – Lijiang
Sightseeing and Activities: the First Bend on the Yangtze River, the Iron Chain Bridge, Shigu Old Town, Upper Tiger Leaping Gorge, Tiger Leaping Stone
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
At 08:00 am, the tour guide will pick you up from the lobby of your hotel in Lijiang. Then depart from Lijiang, you’ll drive about 60 KM to visit the First Bend of the Yangtze River with imposing gorge scenery, Stone Drum , The Red Army’s Long March Memorial Monument and the Iron Chain Bridge in Shigu Town. The town of Stone Drum got its name from a large, cylindrical, marble tablet shaped like a drum. The scenery is magnificent as the road running through the Lijiang valley which is filled with wheat fields and drying haystacks.
Continue the driving 40KM more to visit the Tiger Leaping Gorge, the deepest gorge in the world. With 34 rapids of the Yangtze River, it is called the Jinsha in this area because you can find gold in the river. In the upper part of Tiger Leaping Gorge, you will walk about 2.6Km from the entrance to Tiger Leaping Rock. It is a nice walking along the Jinsha Riverand Marble trail. Walk through three marble tunnels in the gorge. If you are tired, you can take the rickshaw, RMB 40/per person for the single trip.
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- English-speaking tour guide;
- Vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver;
- Service charge & government taxes;
- Two bottles of water each person.
- Any arrival and departure international airfares or train tickets;
- Chinese visa fees;
- Excess baggage charged by Airlines;
- Meals not listed in the itinerary;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.
- Visitors are advised to always carry changes of clothing due to the large variations in temperature between day and night.
- The climate is relatively dry, so drink more water every day.
- Protecting oneself from strong UV radiation at high altitude.
- Protecting oneself from altitude sickness. Lessen the effects of altitude sickness, avoid strenuous exercise and have plenty of rest.
- Respect local customs , habits, and religious beliefs.